January 1st, 2011
|midnightpeapod||08:11 pm - I'm late...|
I have definitely learned quite a bit about my self. Today, I looked back on all I've done and all I wanted to do. I know that I have changed a lot in 1001 (give or take 120) days.
Here is my key:
strike out &Green- Accomplished!
Red- Didn't accomplish
Orange- Didn't Accomplish AND is no longer important to me
Italicized & Blue- Still a Work in Progress
( My ListCollapse )
So, I only accomplished 41 out of 101 goals. But I accomplished 41 goals! That's actually pretty awesome! Also, in making this post, I am reminded of one of my favorite Bible Verses: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
I am definitely going to try this again.
Current Location: home
Current Mood: accomplished
Current Music: The Rose Bowl
September 21st, 2010
|grimmy_22||09:47 pm - 101 in 1001 revisited|
My my time has flown! Here is my original list and how I went (apologies, forgotten how to hide it all behind a link over the years!)
Health and fitness
1. Get a regular skin care regime happening for 6 months – achieved and then let go a bit, but much improved these days
2. Brush my teeth twice a day and floss once a day for 2 months – teeth brushing improved, flossing went great for a few months then failed
3. Only eat out/take away once a week for 2 months - achieved
4. Only watch 7 hours of TV per week for 2 months - achieved
5. Join a dance group/yoga group for 2 months – signed up and got the equipment then the mean group moved and jacked up the price.
6. Exercise at least 5 times a week for 6 months – achieved funnily enough in Orange, became a regular gym junkie. No longer sadly, Sydney gyms are too busy for me, but now hiking and kayaking
7. Keep an exercise journal for 6 months - FAIL
8. Keep a food journal for at least 6 months - FAIL
9. Do the Australian Diet for 3 months - Did it for awhile but I found there was a lot of waste
10. Get a rowing machine and use it 3-5 days a week for 2 months - achieved
11. Lose 5 kilos – achieved thanks to internship
12. Get a flu shot BEFORE winter - FAIL
13. Bike ride with Adam each weekend (weather permitting) for 2 months – FAIL, I probably managed one week a month. Weather and schedules killed this
14. Take daily vitamins for 2 months – done. Now taking pre-pregnancy vitamins religiously.
15. Drink 2 litres of water each day for 2 months – done whilst at uni, impossible now at work
16. Get at least 6 hours of sleep each night for 6 months - done
17. Re-learn French for basic conversation purposes - FAIL
18. Start a new study group at uni and make it work for 3 months – FAIL, Orange turned out to be a very isolating experience
19. Construct a study timetable for revision of the past two years and stick to it for 4 months – Achieved, somehow managed to pass exams
20. Publish a journal article – done more or less, several still in the system
21. Attend another conference – done, attended a great emergency conference in Qld 2008
22. Try out the Cornell note-taking system – done but a bit late in the game for me sadly, would have been great in the campus years of med
23. Read “Seven habits of highly effective people” – FAIL, despite owning it for years, WHY CAN”T I READ THIS BOOK!!
Friendship and Relationship
24. Spend 3 hours with my friends each week – achieved for awhile, but now at work lucky to see them every few months
25. Work out how to be more of a part of my friends in Melbourne – failed, airfares are painful and friends moving on
26. Make 4 more good friends at uni and spend non-uni time with them - probably achieved in the long run
27. Get on good terms with my tutors – achieved for most terms, especially in Orange
28. Have several hours of dedicated Adam time each week where we do stuff other than chores! – getting better
29. Call my parents once a week - have a regular Sunday chat with Mum, still working on Dad
30. Take pics of Adam I in silly photo booths each month – complete FAIL! Those things are hard to find!
30. Create a serious budget (use a software suite for this) – several attempts, only now have our finances organised, 100% Adam’s doing!
31. Stick to my budget for 3 months - ? hard to tell, I know we’ve improved our financial position likely due to good behaviour (certainly isn’t due to the crazy Sydney rents!)
32. See a financial advisor – nope, decided against it until we’re a bit more settled. Have seen numerous mortgage people however!
33. See a bank manager about a mortgage – DONE, approved and playing the house hunting game
34. Read ‘Your Investment Property’ – I think Adam read this, I don’t really want an investment property, I’d rather a home – which is now what we’re thinking so this point moot
35. Pay off credit card – DONE! We now have one small one between us and have it paid off each month :D
36. Reduce credit limit – done!
37. Stay debt-free for 6 months – well, I bought a car, if I ignore that debt (which we don’t even notice paying back) then yeah, credit cards all good, no debt there
38. Get another scholarship – Got a bursary for my elective
39. Start drawing again – FAIL, still trying to get back into that. For some reason took up mosaics instead.
40. Draw for an hour each day for 3 months - FAIL
41. Take guitar lessons – FAIL, too much moving around the country!
42. Start knitting - achieved and I am addicted!!! Funnily enough picked this us whilst in London with Diane
43. Re-plant lovely things in the backyard – I have discovered I have rather green thumbs given the right conditions. Have a mixture of veggies, bulbs, roses and annuals
44. Play 3 hours of Wii each week for 3 months - probably achieved last year, no time now
45. See one movie every month – not enough good movies, plus Orange had very limited screenings
46. Read at least 1 non-medicine book a month – FAIL, however I went through phases of reading entire series in a week or two, so I may have almost got the numbers right on average!
47. Get Shakira professionally groomed once a month – couldn’t bring myself to do it to her, she’s such a wuss.
48. Workout a reasonable chores schedule – Done!
49. Stick to schedule for 3 months – not sure here
50. Stop leaving the kitchen dirty after using it – I feel I myself do this more often than not, unfortunately hubby not so much :S
51. Have a regular laundry day – achieved! Saturday is laundry day religiously
52. Put all my clothes away at least once a week for 2 months – managed for most of my time in Orange, gotten pretty terrible again!
53. Read “This book will change your life” – FAIL, don’t even own it!
54. Take self portrait every day for 1001 days – complete fail, don’t think I took one!
55. Use my PSP brain training game 5 days a week for 2 months – fail, too busy with uni and work
56. Eat breakfast every day for 2 months – achieved, can’t leave the house without breakfast now
57. Keep a record of my progress during 2008 in a journal like I did in first year – fail, tried again this year with internship but just got too hard, need to crash and sleep not write about my depressing job!
58. Recycle my old mobile phones – have everything ready to go…. But not yet done!
59. Properly register as an organ donor – keep moving house!
60. Give blood once at least every three months – fail, hubby won’t come along!
61. Encourage Adam to give blood! – FAIL, big wuss
62. Get placed on the bone marrow donor register - fail as requires blood donation!
62. Put things away after I finish with them as much as possible – much improved
63. Learn how to remember people’s names - improved
64. Use a bucket to collect unused initial shower water each day for 2 months – fail, hard when bathroom upstairs
65. Practise piano for at least 2 hours a week for 2 months – managed almost that long but couldn’t maintain it
66. Break in all my ouchie clinical shoes – fail, I think I have more now!
67. Practise Flute for at least 2 hours a week for 2 months - fail
68. Start driving regularly around Sydney – achieved! Even had my first accident this year, officially broken in
69. See a beautician once a month – achieved pre wedding, now probably every 2-3 months
70. Visit hairdresser once every three months – achieved pre-wedding, now sadly every 6 months
71. Successfully complete medical school – ACHIEVED!!
72. Get into an internship in the country – last minute job change for Adam meant I had to come back to the city, got a place at St George which has worked me hard and had me questioning, but I’m sure has been good for me in the long run. Just got accepted recently to start GP training in southern NSW (highlands and south coast) so consider that a convoluted ACHIEVED better scenario!
73. Wear matching bra and undies at least three days a week for 2 months - acheived
74. Get laser hair removal – fail, no time!
75. Write a will – fail, must must do this now considering starting a family!
76. Go to Medball with my med friends! – done!
77. Get a pedicure – done!
78. Get married!! Wooo! – DONE!!! Was incredible!
79. Have a great honeymoon – Achieved this more than I could have imagined. Stayed at Likuliku Lagoon in Fiji for 12 amazing days. Unforgetable.
80. Ensure Valentine’s Day can be spent with Adam – done!
81. Ensure our birthdays can be spent together – done!
82. Go to Europe (at least 2 weeks!) – well, sort of done, managed about 7 days whilst Adam was on a work trip in Belgium - Saw Brussels, Antwerp, Bruge and much of London.
83. Go to Asia - fail, still kicking myself for not going to Japan with the other med kids
84. Go to South America - fail
85. Go to Canada - fail, but planning to do that when our kids are old enough to love it
86. Travel around Australia with Adam (road trip!!) – have now driving the whole coast of NSW and much of Vic with AJ. Big plans for future camping trips around the country.
Culture and Media
87. See at least one of Ali’s performances – went to one in Ballarat, wish I could have seen more!
88. Read 20 books per year – Do medical texts count? If so done
89. Go to a play/performance at the Riverside theatre - fail
90. Get a chest of draws/tall boy/dressing table for the bedroom – done!
91. Get new bookshelves that actually accommodate all my books – rejigged the old ones to fit it all J
92. Get my own newish car – got a brand new lovely Mitsubishi Lancer, don’t know what I did without it!
93. Buy a house! – have tried very hard but buying a house in Sydney really requires very well off and rather generous parents… still trying but always outbid
94. Buy that little black dress every girl should have – Done! Have 2!
95. Buy a new queen sized bed for after our wedding – bought a king!!
96. Buy an HD Hard Drive Video Camera – fail, tried to win one at the Emergency conference but just missed out as my costume was so great it looked hired!
97. Put photos and documents on to external hard drives and back up regularly – Adam has sorted much of this out, but not updating as much as I should
98. Pass Barrier exams – passed!
99. Live in Orange (country NSW) for a year - achieved
100. Survive internship – surviving!
101. Take photos to commemorate as many completed items as possible – fail, so many were un-photographable anyway!
Fails: 39 (several probably technically ‘in progress’)
All in all I feel pretty good about how I went with this list. I got distracted with uni, exams, life about halfway through and never really came back to it until I realised the time must be pretty much up now. I’m still working on many of the tasks largely due to the nature of my job getting in the way of me living my life presently, but I’ve definitely changed over these years and achieved many things. I think in future I would do better with a smaller list over a smaller time frame. This whole process makes me wonder what the next 1001 days have in store, life has simply changed so much!
Can somebody please remind me what date the 1001 challenge ends? It should be soon shouldn't it?
How are people going? If you were to do this challenge again would you do anything different?
April 14th, 2010
|astralis_lumen||01:52 pm - so i never actually posted my original list here...|
I joined this group at the beginning, made a list - and then never posted it here. It's changed a little since I originally wrote it, because there were things on it that I didn't want to do anymore and new things I wanted to do before my deadline. The list has encompassed a great period of change in my life - graduating from high school and starting university - and it's helped me a lot to grow as a person. I've crossed off a fair number of things on this list. I'm looking forward to the next one, as that will encompass me graduating from university and starting out into The Real World (whaaat.) But for now...
( ...here is my list.Collapse )
Current Mood: busy
December 28th, 2009
I'm revisiting my 101 in 1001 goals before the new year begins, just to take stock of what I've been able to do and what needs to be worked on yet. Predictably, I am failing miserably at some while I was able to mark off a handful of others.
Ongoing: 6, 8, 9, 10, 47, 60, 67, 80, 81, 84, 89, 111
Done: 59, 61, 66, 73, 87, 90, 92, 110
September 28th, 2009
|scarlet_arts||12:07 am - One year to go!|
I'm not sure how many of you will remember me, but I created this community 18 months ago. I remember how excited I was at the time to find such a huge group of people who were as excited about this project as I was. Tonight I have had a great time reading back through your posts and seeing how much progress has been made.
Congratulations to everybody who is still in the game!
My own 101/1001 List has been an enormous driving force in my life since this began, and I document my progress over at my blog - Scarlet Words. I've achieved a mountain of goals that were eternally sitting in my "one day" pile, and I'm so excited about crossing off more exciting tasks over the next twelve months.
Here in Australia, it's 28 September 2009. This means that I have exactly 365 days in which to achieve the rest of my goals. I feel that I am not powering through my list as quickly as I would like, but I'm hopeful that this time next year I will have all 101 tasks crossed off! And if not, that's okay. I have already achieved so much more than I could have without this project!
I thought it might be nice to check in with everybody on this milestone day, and see how you're feeling about your own list. If you have a minute, I'd love to read your answers to the following questions:
- How many tasks on your list have you completed? How many are "works in progress"?
- Which item are you struggling with the most?
- Which item do you plan to finish next?
I'll answer these myself in the comments.
Cheers, and best of luck for the next 365 days!
Current Location: Melbourne, Australia
Current Mood: cheerful
June 2nd, 2009
|snakewhissperer||03:26 pm - 101...6 months after moving to Canada/1 year to go|
Done nine things!
I have 5 replacement items to 'design.
1) Go wild water rafting/canoeing
-open all mail within 24 hours of receipt - well established
-do admin at least once a month - done as it happens
-get data off my old hd - great idea but hdd is fried
- order off ebay/amazon 2 x and spent too much!
- start softly scented CA
- change website to canada (but needs continual updating)
- change labelling CA
- source packaging CA
- find cosmetics regs CA
reach weight goal 2 – 90 kg
sort out snake transport to canada
sort out my goods to canada
get new prescription/specs (0/1)- saving up for laser eye surgery
get another tattoo - currently being worked on..the design at least
make a living will
get flyer sorted for softly scented.
49 to go...i think I won't make it.
( Read more...Collapse )
April 1st, 2009
|wwpostergirl||08:20 am - wwpostergirl's recent progress|
A small amount of progress has been made this quarter - not as much as I'd like, but I've been even busier than usual!
5. Go to the chocolate buffet at the Langham Hotel in Boston and gorge myself silly. [Achieved 2/21/09]
60. Make and deliver a meal to Erin Roderick’s family. [Achieved 3/27/09 - unfortunately she passed away this week]
48. Have sex at least x times a month (where x is a number known only to me & DH) - [January, February and March goals achieved 15/31]
66. Make at least 10 hand-stamped cards. [Made another one at Liz's craft night 3/4/09 - total made 3/10]
March 10th, 2009
|snakewhissperer||12:57 am - pre-moving again update|
Lost in year one: 23
Lost in year two: 1
completed this month:(1):
get a job in CA
redundant and to be replaced (6):
get info from revenue to register IE
start softly scented
get packaging sorted
let labelling sorted
sell excess gear on ebay
Replacement item 1:
do herbalism course
reach weight goal 2 – 90 kg
open all mail within 24 hours of receipt
keep track of doing daily: study, flylady, gym, writing, vits, meds
make the bed every day for three months (9/93)
learn how to read music for both ocarina's
sort out snake transport to canada
sort out me transport to canada
sort out my goods to canada
( Read more...Collapse )
March 9th, 2009
|midnightpeapod||05:42 pm - 101 Feb-Mar Update|
7. Get my Associate's - Got re-acceptance letter from WCC
12. Finish reading 'Medieval Children' by Nicholas Orme - found it again and got through another chapter (and re-read some other parts)
46. Invite 3 people to an SCA event with me (1/3 - 2-14 Scott to Valday)
Spend Time with Haley and Veronica - several times in Feb 09
Go to a Professional Sporting Event - Spartan Stampede - Rodeo (2/09)
Go to the movies by myself - 3/07/09 Coraline
Current Mood: accomplished
Current Music: Swish-swish of washing machine